It is our pleasure to invite you to the next Nigeria: Partnership for Health II Conference in London on November 6th 2010
We have another fascinating line up of 8 speakers who have driven change in the Nigerian health sector. They will be sharing with us their experiences on issues from public health policy, to clinical care. The theme for this year's conference is:
"Moving to sustainable collaboration"
This year's conference will focus on how sustainable collaboration between Nigerian health professionals working in the West, and Nigerian health institutions can lead to health gains for the Nigerian people. We will seek to highlight what we are doing to engage with the major health issues facing us both in preventive and curative medicine. This will include activity by government, non-governmental organisations, the private sector and individuals. We will feed back on progress since the last conference in 2008, both in terms of progress we have made and progress made by other partners at the conference.
The conference will focus on the initiation process of setting up sustainable collaborations, as well as the challenges faced in growing and sustaining them. These collaborative projects or partnerships will be related to clinical care, research, health policy formulation, training or teaching.
The overarching goal of this conference is to continue the work started at the 2008 conference; building enthusiasm and confidence in opportunities in the Nigerian health sector, nurturing new relationships and inspiring action. It will be an opportunity for us to learn from others that have initiated links, partnerships and networks, and share our diverse experience on how these have worked. Through this conference, we want to create a forum for the exchange of ideas that can change attitudes, lives and ultimately, Nigeria; a community of enthusiasts to engage with ideas and each other.
November 6 2010 - 9 am
Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
27 Sussex Place,
Early Bird Registration: £40.00
• TBC Professor CO Chukwu – Honourable Minister of Health of Federal Republic of Nigeria
• Dr Aliko Ahmed – President of the Nigerian Public Health Foundation
• Dr Liz Tayler – Senior Health Adviser for Africa, Department for International Development
• Dr Muhammad Ali Pate – Executive Director, Nigeria Primary Health care Development Agency
• Lord Nigel Crisp – Former Chief Executive, National Health Service
• Dr Ugo Okoli – Project Adviser to the Midwives Services Scheme (NPHCDA)
• Dr Dilly Anumba – President Medical Association of Nigerians across Great Britain
• Dr Agomuo – CMD Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital Enugu
• Dr. Seyi Oyesola – Former CMD of the Delta State University Teaching Hospital Oghara
• Gbenga Olatunji – Market Development Manager for Johnson & Johnson West Africa
• Dr Folabi Ogunlesi – Chief Executive Vesta Healthcare Partners
The Keynote address will be delivered by Professor Shima Gyoh
Professor Shima Gyoh is the Professor of Surgery at the College of Health Sciences, Benue State University, Makurdi. He trained in the UK, worked clinically for several years and retired as Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Health — the highest career position for civil servants in Nigeria. He was the Chairman of the Nigerian Medical and Dental Council for several years. Professor Gyoh is currently on the board of Population Services International (PSI) and also serves on the board of the Society for Family Health (SFH). Recently he led on the health subgroup for the Vision 20 2020 document.
There will be four workshops on setting up sustainable collaboration in the following realms.
• Sustainable collaborations in health research
• Sustainable collaborations in public health policy
• Sustainable collaborations in clinical care
• Sustainable collaborations between NGOs
Register here! (Places are limited to available space)Details at www.nigeriahealth.org